BelVita Blueberry Cheesecake
Married a protein-packed Cottage cheese with fresh Blueberries harmoniously for this Valentines Day special! A deliciously creamy blueberry cheesecake just melts in your mouth. This protein rich and low-sugar version is a last minute healthier dessert plan to delight my Valentine's palate. The fresh and sweet blueberries adds natural sweetness and gorgeous color to the cheesecake.
BelVita is not just for breakfast anymore. Replaced the Graham crackers crust with this nutritious cinnamon brown sugar flavored BelVita crust. It is an effortless dessert, nevertheless requires baking. Trust me you and your guests will crave for seconds! Yum!
Yield : 5 inch Pie Pan
Prep Time: 15 mins
Baking time: 45 mins
Level : Medium
BelVita (cinnamon brown sugar flavor) - 2 packs (8 biscuits)
Butter - 2 tablespoon (melted)
For the Topping:
Blueberries - 1 cup (see notes)
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Water - 1 tablespoon
For the Filling:
Cottage Cheese - 1 cup ( Low fat)
Eggs - 2
Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoon
Sugar - 2 teaspoon
Blueberries - 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
2. Crust: Crumble the biscuits in a blender until fine crumbs. Coat the pie pan with cooking spray on the bottom and sides to remove the pie easily after baking. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and add a teaspoon of water if necessary. To check for the right consistency, you should be able to make a rough ball when compressed. Now spread the crust mixture evenly flattening on the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Press firmly and set aside.
3. Topping: Add all the topping ingredients in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil and simmer for few extra minutes to get the right consistency. Once done turn the heat off and set aside. As it cools the topping gets thicker like a syrup consistency.
4. Filling: Add all the filling ingredients in a large bowl and blend it to a smooth mixture using an electric blender.
5. Now, pour the filling in the prepared crust pan and bake for 45 mins or until the center is firm.
6. Once done, let it cool for 15-20 mins. Since I used a disposable pie pan, I ran a clean knife along the edges to separate the cheesecake from the pie pan. Made a small cut on the edge to peel the pan off to retain the shape.
7. Serve with warm topping and cool whipped cream (optional).
Notes and Tips:
1. The right way to clean fresh blueberries (any berries, fruits and vegetables) is to soak in warm water with a tablespoon of vinegar for 10 minutes for all the wax and dirt to eliminate. You will notice your berries sparkle with its natural bright color.
2. If you want to store the berries for future use, always do the above with room temperature water. Pat dry and line the storage container with paper towel slightly keeping the lid open. Don't forget to refrigerate!
3. The natural sugar from the blueberries is being accentuated in this cheesecake recipe. The sugar level in the filling is relatively mild on purpose. But when the topping is added, it will be even-steven. You don't want to miss this!
There are 4 biscuits per Belvita pkg. So, did you use 1 or 2 pkgs.?ReplyDelete
Sorry its 2 pkgs, I have updated it. Thanks for bringing this up :)Delete
How did I miss this treat? I have been following you for years. This is a must try. I love your pictures busy mom 😃ReplyDelete