Blueberry Infused Fizz
Are you in the mood for a nipping and bubbly refreshment? Naturally flavorful and delicious Blueberry Infused Fizz is a wonderful departure from mundane juice blends to a fizzy concoction of goodness that will cool you off.
You can enjoy this lip-smacking bevy blends of two flavors that dances across your tongue. Freshly Squeezed Apple or Celery along with infused blueberry and ginger will knock your sock off. "Snapple" (Soda-Apple) is sweet and slightly sharp due to the infused ginger and berry. "Celda"(Celery-Soda) Blueberry Infused Fizz has a sharp, spicy and peppery taste yet a bit of sweetness from rock candy/sugar (crystalized cane sugar) is fascinating. You may pick your choice of flavor according to your taste buds. Both versions are exquisitely refreshing and a fantastic recipe for kids and teetotalers. You will need at least 12-24 hours for this comfort drink to infuse at its best. As I enjoy berry bits in my drink, some blueberries are punctured or gently crushed and incorporated into this thirst quencher.
Chill: 6 - 24 hours
Type: Beverages/ Drinks
Yields: 4 servings
Apple or Celery Juice (freshly squeezed) - 2 cups
Blueberries - 1/2 cup
Ginger - 1 inch (peeled and cut into fourths)
Ginger ale / Club soda - 1 can (small)
Palm rock sugar/candy (panam kalkandu) - as required
Chia seeds - 1 teaspoon (optional)
Ice cubes (optional)
1. Wash the apples or celery well and freshly squeeze the juices out.
2. In an infuser or a mason jar, add the cut ginger, slightly crushed or punctured blueberries, chia seeds and about 1-2 teaspoons of rock sugar/candy.
3. Close the jar and refrigerate it for 12-24 hours to infuse. You will note the change of color.
4. Add ice cubes if you desire and top off with ginger ale or club soda.
5. Garnished with blueberries, mint or lemon wedges and serve immediately.
- Apples must be cored before adding them to the juice maker.
- If you have difficulty finding rock candy/sugar the best substitute will be a natural sweetener like raw honey. Avoid processed sugar.
- The ginger can be cut into fourths or just give it a whack in order to it release its flavors easily.
- For more twists you can add mint leaves or lemon wedges just 2 hours before serving.
- For parties or any large gatherings, simply buy store bought organic apple juice to make work easy.
Slowly but surely I reached my 50th post:) Wish me luck! Cheers!!