Blueberry Lime Cheesecake (Vegan/Keto friendly)
Vegan and Keto friendly Blueberry Lime Cheesecake is sensational treat with the beautiful blueberry swirls. The zesty limes, fluffy and creamy cheesecake is sweetened with the blueberry sauce.
Lime and blueberry go very well together. The lime zest adds the fresh citric flavor which liven up your taste buds. These are a perfect compatible combination of lovely flavors.
With a group of diet conscious and vegan family and friends this dessert was quite challenging. Well this cheese delish was prepared for our thanksgiving gathering. Just realized I missed to share the recipe with you all. Well, for the Keto dads almond flour sets the base for this cheesecake. Couldn't add egg substitutes with these weight watchers and most importantly I kept it vegan friendly. I used cornstarch sparingly to hold the cake together and set it in freezer for 2 hrs due to lack of time. I would suggest you just refrigerate for 4-6 hrs and it will set well.
Used Stevia extract powder as sweetener to support the Keto dieters. Depending on your sweetener convert it with 1 cup of regular sugar. Extra firm tofu sets better than silken tofu. Always rinse your tofu with fresh water and drain completely. Rinsing the tofu removes the awful tofu odor. I also prefer to pat dry using couple of kitchen paper towels to get rid of excess water.
Almond flour crust is simple to make with just few ingredients. The blueberry swirls were like creating a painting. It doesn't get any better with the homemade blueberry sauce drizzles on every piece of cheesecake.
- Used Stevia extract powder (keto friendly) as sweetener. Depending on your sweetener convert it with 1 cup of regular sugar.
- Blueberries while cooking turns into warmer hue, which is normal.
- Rinse your tofu and pat dry to remove excess tofu odor and moisture respectively.
- If you don't like the coconut flavor, you can replace the oil with avocado oil as a suggestion.
- Cornstarch can be replaced with any egg substitute of your choice.