Cabbage Mushroom Soup
You will love this nourishing vegetarian quick to fix comfort soup with just 2 main ingredients rich in antioxidants. The convenience of one pot meal on a busy cold night makes this a no-fuss soup.
Great depth of flavor deliciously thick soup will steal you heart away when served in a bread bowl. Although I have embellished my hot soup with potato boro's this time. Well its about time to enjoy easy and simple healthy warm comfort soup this winter. You sure will impress your guests effortlessly!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1 g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 1 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 280 mg||10 %|
|Potassium 90 mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||7 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 2 g||4 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||29 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Category: Soup, Appetizer
Butter - 1 teaspoon (melted)
Mushroom - 2 cups (chopped)
Cabbage - 2 cups (roughly chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Onions (white) - 1/4 cup (optional)
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Salt to taste
Water as required (approximately 3 cups)
1. Heat a large sauce pan with butter and ginger garlic paste, chopped mushrooms and onions to saute for 3-4 minutes.
2. Pour in the water and add coriander leaves and required salt. Bring it to a boil.
3. Using a hand blender, directly puree the soup in the same pot. You may reserve some cooked cabbage to float in your soup.
4. Embellish with croutons/ potato boro or a slice of toasted bread on the side of the hot soup. Although serving in a bread bowl would be ideal. YUM!
NOTES AND TIPS
1. Let cool for few minutes if using a blender.
2. Button mushrooms results in light creamy colored soup. Whereas, Shiitake mushrooms add more flavor but results in a light brown color.
3. Notice I haven't added any spice as the natural flavor will be throughly enjoyed. The mild heat from the ginger and garlic would suffice. You may add ground black pepper if required.
Post a Comment
Feel free to drop in your feedbacks, suggestions and queries here. You can also reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick message. Thank you for supporting my passion!