Blueberry Lime Cheesecake (Vegan/Keto friendly)
Yields: 1- 9 in round pan
Almond flour - 2 cups
Oil - 2 tsp
Pure vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Stevia extract - just a dash
Tofu (extra firm) - 2 packs (rinsed, drained well and cubed)
Stevia extract powder *- 1/4 tsp or Raw sugar - 1 cup
Pure Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Oil* (used organic cold press coconut oil)- 2 tbsp
Lime juice - 2 tbsp
Cornstarch* - 2 tsp
Lime zest - 2 tbsp
Blueberries - 2 cups
Stevia extract - 1/8 tsp
Water - 2 tbsp
Cornstarch - 1 tbsp (optional)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 5 g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 52 mg||2 %|
|Potassium 39 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||10 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 4 g||8 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Grease you 9 inch springform pan lightly with oil and line it with parchment paper. This greasing step holds the liner in place.
Mix almond flour, oil, stevia extract and vanilla extract. The right consistency is to check if you can make a ball out of it.
Now layer the almond crust mix and press firmly down to set aside using a flat bottomed bowl or cup.
Boil the blueberries and stevia in a pan on medium heat with 1 tablespoon of water if required. In a separate bowl, whisk the cornstarch and water to prevent any lumps. This step is optional as corn starch is added only as a thickening agent.
Slowly add it to the cooked blueberry mixture and continue stirring until the sauce thickens. Using a potato masher, mash half of the blueberries to release its natural juice. Strain through a mesh strainer to discard the solids if you like a smooth sauce. But I like mine chunky so I skipped this step. Set aside to cool.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Mix cornstarch and lime juice without lumps. Combine this mixture with the tofu*, stevia extract, vanilla extract, salt and oil.
Blend until smooth then stir in the lime zest.
Transfer the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan almond crust.
3. Cover the outside with a thick wet paper towel wrapped in aluminium foil to bake evenly. Keep a separate bowl filled with water for a little moisture. The above 2 steps are used to replace the water bath method.
4. Bake until it starts to turn slightly brown about 20 mins depending on your oven. Remove from oven and cool completely to refrigerate until chilled for about 3-4 hours.
5. Now drizzle the sauce to decorate or wait to drizzle right before serving.
NOTES AND TIPS
- Used Stevia extract powder (keto friendly) as sweetener. Depending on your sweetener convert it with 1 cup of regular sugar.
- Blueberries while cooking turns into warmer hue, which is normal.
- Rinse your tofu and pat dry to remove excess tofu odor and moisture respectively.
- If you don't like the coconut flavor, you can replace the oil with avocado oil as a suggestion.
- Cornstarch can be replaced with any egg substitute of your choice.
Wow looks so yummy. Love the photos. Thank you so much Amudha for the yummy recipe. Will definitely try.ReplyDelete
Thanks Priya for your continued support! Do let me know when you try this treat :)ReplyDelete
Amazing combination of refreshing flavors and interesting decoration👍ReplyDelete
You are kind with your words! Thanks for stopping by Ann!Delete